Shopify platform is always a choice to consider worthy. One of the elements that contribute to user trust and reputation-building is its scalability. The eCommerce platform offers maximum satisfaction even for huge stores with an astounding number of add-ons and integrated functionalities.
1. Why choose the Shopify platform?
Shopify is a platform suitable for all sizes of businesses. It provides users with a customizable platform with a wide range of features.
However, what sets Shopify apart from the rest are:
- Shopify offers a drag-and-drop website builder that makes it easy to create a professional-looking website.
- Blog integration makes it easy to attract customers and promote products
- An integrated payment gateway makes it possible to start selling right away.
- 24/7 customer support
- A safe shopping cart system helps keep customer information secure.
- Shopify has a multi-channel affiliate feature that makes it easy for you to scale up your sales quickly and easily.
2. Pros and cons of the Shopify platform
2.1. Pros of the Shopify platform
The core pros of the Shopify platform are:
Detailed Shopify Admin
You may access a wide variety of reports and features that will help you better understand how your online store is doing in the backend of your Shopify store. You can quickly see the number of orders. You can also find your best-performing product pages. Additionally, you can check a live feed of the visitors to your website to determine where they are in the sales funnel. Shopify platform is a complete platform for online retailers that enables you to have a thorough understanding of every aspect of your online business.
You’ll probably need to pay for a theme (the layout and appearance of your website) if you’re creating a new website. However, on Shopify, a free theme is automatically added to your store so that you may start customizing whatever you like. Because of this, Shopify is perfect for new users who want to jump in or experiment to see what possibilities exist. You can even freely alter your website to match your branding style. You can alter the color scheme, upload your own photographs, select from a variety of free fonts that are already loaded on your store, and more. Additionally, you may choose from thousands of stock images with an eCommerce theme that was shot by Shopify photographers. They are located in your Shopify theme’s “free pictures” section. Sending your items to a specialized photography agency is the alternative. In addition, you can use the many Shopify features to create a stronger, more effective website.
Shopify is on a Cloud Network
My favorite benefit of switching from WooCommerce to Shopify was my website would be hosted on a cloud network rather than a server. Everyone who has paid for a server before is well aware that they can crash at inconvenient times, costing you a lot of money in downtime. During major events particularly on Black Friday, servers frequently crash. If you use a server (which is what most new business owners can afford) you have to hope that the other websites aren’t as popular. Due to the low likelihood of website outages on cloud networks, you may easily manage your business. And because this fee is included in your subscription, you have one less thing to worry about.
There’s a Plan for Everyone
Honestly, operating a business comes with expenses. Products, marketing expenses, a new domain, and of course Shopify, will all cost money. But there is a pricing option for everyone on Shopify. Shopify Lite costs only $9 per month if your money is extremely tight. Use Shopify Plus if you’re searching for white-glove service. You can progress through the plans as your company expands as well.
Tons of Apps
There’s literally an app for almost everything in the Shopify App Store. You’ll find countdown timers, image background removers, product-sourcing apps, and so much more. While there are a lot of paid apps, there are also a bunch of free apps in the store. But if you’re looking to add products to your store, consider checking out the DSers app (the Basic plan is free and includes up to 3000 products on your store).
Tons of Support
In the Shopify App Store, there is practically an app for almost everything. There are apps for product sourcing, image background removal, countdown clocks, and a lot more. In addition to a sizable number of paid apps, the store also offers a sizable number of free apps. You don’t need to incorporate an app into your website. But if you want to add items to your store, think about using the DSers app (the Basic plan is free and includes up to 3000 products on your store).
2.2. Cons of the Shopify platform
There’s a Learning Curve
Building a Shopify store is more like starting a business than creating a passive income source. Additionally, starting a business isn’t always simple. It takes months of trial and error to figure out how to utilize the Shopify platform and create a successful store. It can take some time to know where each area of your store is in the admin. However, Shopify is generally easy to use, it only takes some practice.
Shopify Alone Won’t Guarantee Your Success
Shopify has many perfect apps and features that help an online store run easier than creating something custom from scratch. The issue is that you are responsible for the success of your store. The proper mindset is what will motivate you to learn. To promote your company more effectively than the competitors, you must possess strong marketing skills. Your ability to succeed, not Shopify’s, is what matters.
3. Licences and Pricing
Shopify has three different pricing plans, which are:
- Basic: $29 per month
- Shopify: $79 per month
- Advanced: $299 per month
There is also a Shopify Plus plan for enterprise businesses, which is priced at $2000 per month.
Read more: Cost of Building a Shopify Website
4. How does the Shopify Platform work?
Shopify platform isn’t just an online store. Although most people would identify Shopify as an online store builder or a point-of-sale (POS) for offline transactions, Shopify professionals refer to it as software-as-a-service (SaaS). In other words, to use Shopify’s technology requires paying a fee.
By registering with the Shopify platform, users may construct an online store, manage inventory, process payments, execute orders, and much more. Themes allow you to alter the style and feel of your online store, and tools and apps let you add functionality. When building a Shopify site, you have the choice of beginning from scratch or engaging a Shopify firm to transfer your existing site.
With the aid of Shopify experts and Shopify SEO advice, you can quickly get set up and begin boosting your income.
5. How to Grow Your Shopify Store
Shopify platform is a reasonably simple platform to use, just like other hosted platforms. Everyone may use it, from eCommerce pros to complete newbies. With the aid of Shopify, you can set up a completely functional online store without any prior website development knowledge in a matter of minutes.
Your Shopify store can expand in a number of ways. Here are some suggestions to help you get started with Shopify:
- Create Ads – On a number of sites, including Facebook, Google, and virtually every other social network, you can run advertisements. Picking the platform where your audience spends the most time is ideal. It’s crucial to pick a platform with a wide range of targeting choices so you can precisely identify your ideal client. Nowadays, Google and Facebook are the most widely used ad platforms. But in the end, you want to select the one that is most appropriate for your niche.
- SEO is extremely effective in driving targeted visitors to your website. E-commerce SEO is largely ignored by new store owners as a growth strategy. New business owners frequently concentrate on advertising because they want to generate money fast. After spending money on commercials for several months, they eventually recognize that their acquisition costs are too high. Your website can receive free organic traffic by using SEO and content marketing. Your acquisition costs can be reduced, and your conversion rate can be increased, with the appropriate method.
- Social media – You should start developing an audience before opening your store to the general public. For instance, opening an Instagram account a few weeks before opening your shop enables you to market to customers when it opens. You may be able to make some sales using the link in your bio or Story after you have an audience.
6. Bavaan offers full Shopify services
As can be seen, Shopify is a potential and supportive platform that you should consider building your e-commerce business. At Bavaan, we provide all services about the Shopify platform:
- Shopify website development
- Shopify website audit/ custom/ upgrade/ optimization
- 24/7 Shopify support and maintenance service