More time and effort should be spent on selecting the effective platform for your eCommerce store. There are many options but technology is always changing. You need to give your store a platform that will last and be useful in the future.
You want to provide a quick and simple purchasing experience for your customers, yet as technology has advanced, consumer expectations have evolved.
Headless eCommerce systems like the Saleor platform are helpful in this situation. With the Saleor platform, you can easily modify your store to follow any new technological trends. Let’s get into more information regarding Saleor platform.
1. What is Saleor?
Saleor is a GraphQL-first open-source, headless eCommerce platform for developing blazing-fast, dynamic, and customised, convenience-shopping experiences. You can design beautiful, device-compatible web stores thanks to it.
Managing your products, orders, and fulfilment is easy by using the Saleor admin dashboard. The best aspect is that it can be implemented in companies of any size with ease such as start-ups, SMEs, and major corporations.
Another benefit of Saleor platform is that it can be used as both a regular eCommerce store and a Progressive Web App (PWA). Your online store can therefore have the interface and feel of a mobile application while maintaining the functionality of a web application.
PWA runs better than a conventional web application and enables users to purchase offline without internet-connected devices. It also sends push notifications to users.
Saleor was based on Django and Python. It provides you with a minimal front-end compiled using React and TypeScript and powered by a GraphQL API. It seems too simple to integrate with your choice CRM, content management system, delivery, and fulfilment services.
2. When to use Saleor platform
Saleor is considered a cutting-edge eCommerce platform that provides a variety of features and functionalities to aid companies in achieving various corporate objectives.
When does the Saleor platform excel especially instead of the same objectives also being accomplished with alternative eCommerce platforms?
- When you may feel that PrestaShop or WooCommerce no longer meets your demands.
- You’re trying to find an alternative to Magento 1.
- When Shopify is not enough and you do not want to pay more for Shopify Plus
- You are proficient in Python and React on your own.
- When creating a platform with multiple tenants
3. Features of Saleor platform
- PWA: PWA has its own advantages for customers. It allows users to store on-screen and access information saved during the last online interaction. End customers have the option of buying offline, which could help your company increase revenue.
- GraphQL API: Utilising the up-to-date technology to retrieve data from any web or mobile device.
- UX and UI: Designed to rival even the most well-known commercial platforms about user experience.
- Dashboard: Users, products, processes, and employees are all completely under the control of administrators.
- Orders: A comprehensive order, delivery, and refund system.
- Cart: With full control over discounts, promotions, and sales, advanced payment, and tax options
- Payments: API architecture is known as the technological framework for creating a software interface that exposes backend data and application functionality for usage in external applications. Each payment method can be integrated thanks to flexible API architecture, including support for Braintree.
- Geo-adaptive: The localised price is automatic. It has more than 20 dialects and localised checkout procedures by nation.
- SEO: Google Analytics is used server-side to report eCommerce metrics without compromising privacy. Besides, it helps increase the crawler’s time on the website to allow it to index more pages with relevant material.
- Cloud: Utilising developer accounts in Saleor Cloud is the quickest method for developing with Saleor. The next advantage you need to know is that it is optimised for Docker-based installations.
- Analytics: Google Analytics is used server-side to report eCommerce metrics without compromising privacy and security.
4. Structure of Saleor platform
4.1 Saleor Core
The entire Saleor platform is structured on Django using GraphQL as the backend.
If you are just getting started with GraphQL, please start with GraphQL. For quick access, visit Explore GraphQL on the graphql comprehensive blog.
Through a GraphQL query, Saleor core interacts with PostgreSQL for database purposes.
Since GraphQL makes it simple to connect and run queries to take and post data to databases, this method is widely used.
4.2 Saleor Admin Dashboard
The administrator has the right to add, update, and remove products. Besides, Functions such as adding, editing user information, and removing users are under the control of the administrator.
By sending a confirmation email, the admin can dispatch orders to users based on their submitted orders. Additionally, you may check all category information, add new categories, as well as view information about current collections.
4.3 Saleor Storefront
The Saleor storefront was constructed using react. It offers users and visitors an eCommerce platform with a beautiful and appealing design.
Users and visitors to this storefront are able to interact with the user interface, buy the goods, add it to the Shopping basket, and use all of the other features necessary for eCommerce sites.
With PWA, Saleor Storefront provides us with an entirely open-source platform for web applications for online shopping. Additionally, the saleor storefront offers a lot more features; for more information, see the official Saleor document.
5. The reasons why Saleor is the best eCommerce solution for your business
5.1 Blazing speed
Customers choose (or don’t choose) a certain online store based on variables like page speed and performance, which are important Google ranking factors. With a buying experience that loads in a flash, Saleor enables you to make your clients satisfied.
5.2 SEO efficiency
The front-end layer in Saleor stores is static. Since static pages are quick, light, and simple for robots to scan, Google prefers them.
5.3 Rich user experience
Having a superior offer is still insufficient, and one of the ways you may gain a competitive edge is by designing a unique user experience. You can experiment with your design without striking at the page’s loading time.
Instead of having a direct connection to the database, dependencies, user data, or other sensitive information, static pages do not work like this. As a result, the data of your consumers is secure.
5.5 Lower development cost
According to statistics, 80% of applications will be removed after a week, which is ruthless. Why therefore invest money in something that nobody will use? Your web store will function as a PWA application with Saleor, saving you money on the development of a separate mobile application that doesn’t require installation.
6. How to set up the store with Saleor platform
Setting up a master account for your store, also known as an Admin Account or a Superuser Account, is the first thing you need to accomplish. Your developer performs this when setting up your iteration of Saleor and forking the platform. You only need to give the developer your main administrator’s information and the setup password.
Docker is recommended for setting up and running Saleor in a development environment.
For setting it up in our development environment, we’ll use Docker.
We’ll create Docker images on our local PC using the command.
The Saleor server configures the server and database migration because it is Python-based.
After that, we create a super user for our admin panel and optionally fill our database with dummy data.
Finally, use the following command to start the services: Docker-compose up
Visit the URL right now to see this:
http://localhost:3000/ – Client side
http://localhost:8000/graphql – GraphQL playground
http://localhost:9000/ – Admin Dashboard
7. Some of the top eCommerce websites built on Saleor
A well-known supplier of freshly handcrafted cosmetics has selected Saleor platform as their international eCommerce platform. Saleor avoids enterprise-scale solutions and is in full compliance with Lush’s moral stance on open source software.
It is an eCommerce platform that sells products related to the medical healthcare sector. With bursting into the current system, Saleor helped them expand its services to more than 20 nations.
It is a brand of clothing established by legendary frontman Liam Gallagher. Using Saleor platform, they were able to increase conversion rates by 30%.
Patch assists you in selecting the right plants for your area, delivers them to your door, and provides care instructions. Within two years of establishing its Saleor-powered website, Patch was able to attract 25,000 new clients.
A website for interior design must look professional. Another distinctive aspect is that other eCommerce platforms are unable to provide a link between customers and designers. The saleor platform is successful in both spheres.
When you use Saleor for the first time, it could seem a bit confusing. However, if you put it into practice and conduct in-depth research, you’ll discover that it is the best open-source platform with outstanding add-ons to create a user-friendly environment.
You can search for the top eCommerce solution provider to launch your online business. We believe that Bavaan is one of the best choices. The company has a professional development team of Saleor, with many years of experience and extremely dedicated to the profession. We sincerely hope you enjoyed reading this blog.